Evangel Seminary follows the same seven basic doctrines of the Evangelical Free Church of China as follow:
- We believe in one true God, Creator of all things and Lord of the universe, eternally existing in three person, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, being true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross for the atonement of man’s iniquities, so that man may be delivered from the condemnation and power of sin. Further, He arose from dead, ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of the Father He now is the Advocate and High Priest interceding for the saints. He is also the Head of the Church, and will come visibly again from heaven to establish His kingdom and to judge the living and the dead.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity, who descended on the day of Pentecost to glorify Christ, convict sinners, grant new birth, and to indwell and empower the believers for victories and holy living, and to unite them into one body, the Church of Christ.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God but became spiritually dead because of disobedience to God. Since Adam our fore-father sinned, all have become sinners, living under the wrath of God. Only through sincere repentance and acceptance of Christ’s redemption, cleansing by His blood and regeneration by the Holy Spirit can one enter the Kingdom of God.
- We believe in the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, the living Word of life, wholly truthful and trustworthy, and the final authority for all Christian faith and life.
- We believe that all men will be resurrected, the believers to eternal life and heavenly blessings and the unbelievers to eternal death in hell.
- We believe that Satan is the Devil, the source of all evils. He is working in the hearts of disobedient men, and will one day receive eternal punishment.